Sponge Jet Feed Units are designed to be used for virtually any application in the field of blasting and cleaning with SpongeMedia™. The 170-EX ("ATEX") Feed Unit (blast pot) is based on the popular 170-SJ Feed Unit™. The blasting pot is suitable for use within an EX zone 2 and is equipped with extensive functions. This unit is one of the few blasting systems in the world (based on dry, dust-free blasting) which is suitable for EX environments. In addition, certain Sponge-Jet SpongeMedia™ types have been found suitable for use within an EX zone 1. The combination of this SpongeMedia™ with this blasting unit therefore offers a user unique application possibilities.
• Standardized parts and maximum reliability by design
• Integrated E-Stop and remote deadman control system
• Adjustable, pneumatic driven, auger metering system assures optimal media flow and maximum efficiency at all blast pressures
• Internal agitation assembly keeps Sponge Media abrasives flowing reliably throughout the vessel
• High-quality, industry-standard components for long, trouble-free operation and simplified spare part acquisition and replacement
• Multi-language labels, Instruction manuals and online training tools
• Color-coded pneumatic lines for easy troubleshooting
• Extended service, permanently lubricated air motor and auger bearings minimize maintenance and wear
For more information on abrasive blasting with Sponge-Jet, visit spongeblasting.com.